You would think that taking a picture in winter wouldn't be so hard, living in California and all, but this was the best I could come up with:
Reds also just seem to look awful in every picture I take. A shame, what with it being my favorite color and all. I did up both brightness and contrast to make the photo slightly more representational.
This slew of yarn is the whole result of my efforts this weekend. It's all dyed with madder--I started off with the amount indicated for a light shade and got the two dark skeins on the right. It looked like there was still some dye left in the pot, so I mordanted another two skeins and dyed them the next day. I got the medium shade in the middle. It still looked like there was dye in the pot, so I got a little lazier with the mordanting--didn't really measure, put if one skein and something smaller. I got a light color, but not really an exhausted pot, so I threw in a couple more small skeins, and so on.
I really love the color--of all the skeins. The process required more watching than acid or kool-aid dyeing, but it wasn't too hard to fit it in around other things. So long as those other things didn't require more than two burners...